Dr Abdulraouf M Mannaa
Savola EGM approves sukuk issuance
Jeddah, December 6, 2012
The Savola Group, a leading conglomerate in Saudi Arabia, recently held an extraordinary general meeting (EGM) which approved issuance of sukuk with total value not exceeding the company’s paid-up capital.
The EGM also voted to delegate to the Board the authority to issue such tradable debt instruments without reverting to the General Assembly (GA), said Dr Abdulraouf M Mannaa, managing director of the company.
The Board is entitled to take all necessary procedures and actions for the issuance of such instruments including obtaining the necessary regulatory approvals, he added.
The Board shall have the power and authority to take all the necessary actions to issue these debt instruments, with 99.99 per cent of the total present and represented votes.
The EGM approved that the company may issue any type of tradable debt instruments such as bonds or Sukuk whether within or outside Saudi Arabia, and the GA has the right to delegate to the Board the authority to issue such debt instruments including bonds or sukuk through one or more tranches or a series of issues under one or more programmes as established by the Board from time to time. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans
- Top industrial trade fair opens in Oman
- Siemens names key Middle East officials