DP World boss wins top Seatrade award
Dubai, December 4, 2012
DP World senior vice president and managing director of UAE Region, Mohammed Al Muallem, has won the Seatrade Outstanding Achievement Award at the Seatrade Middle East and Indian Subcontinent 2012 Awards ceremony.
The prize was presented by Sheikh Khalil bin Ahmed Mohamed Al Salmi, deputy CEO, Oman Drydock Company, at the event hosted at the Atlantis Hotel in Dubai.
Al Muallem has three decades of port terminal operations and management experience, as a part of the team that has led the growth and development of the region's most important port through a period of major expansions, where Jebel Ali Port, the flagship of DP World has developed rapidly and today is counted amongst the top 10 ports in the world.
DP World, UAE Region, the leading regional marine terminal operator also won the prestigious Container Terminal Operator Award for a fourth consecutive year, for its all-round operational excellence, throughput performance, efficient automation systems and other sustainable value-added services.
“I am honoured to receive the Seatrade Outstanding Achievement Award and regard it as recognition of all the team at DP World,” said Al Muallem.
“I have been fortunate to have been born and raised in this country and this city, which has given me the opportunity to grow in my profession even as Dubai itself has grown. My team and I remain committed to continuing to play a frontline role in the growth of the container terminal industry in the region.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport