DP World boss wins top Seatrade award
Dubai, December 4, 2012
DP World senior vice president and managing director of UAE Region, Mohammed Al Muallem, has won the Seatrade Outstanding Achievement Award at the Seatrade Middle East and Indian Subcontinent 2012 Awards ceremony.
The prize was presented by Sheikh Khalil bin Ahmed Mohamed Al Salmi, deputy CEO, Oman Drydock Company, at the event hosted at the Atlantis Hotel in Dubai.
Al Muallem has three decades of port terminal operations and management experience, as a part of the team that has led the growth and development of the region's most important port through a period of major expansions, where Jebel Ali Port, the flagship of DP World has developed rapidly and today is counted amongst the top 10 ports in the world.
DP World, UAE Region, the leading regional marine terminal operator also won the prestigious Container Terminal Operator Award for a fourth consecutive year, for its all-round operational excellence, throughput performance, efficient automation systems and other sustainable value-added services.
“I am honoured to receive the Seatrade Outstanding Achievement Award and regard it as recognition of all the team at DP World,” said Al Muallem.
“I have been fortunate to have been born and raised in this country and this city, which has given me the opportunity to grow in my profession even as Dubai itself has grown. My team and I remain committed to continuing to play a frontline role in the growth of the container terminal industry in the region.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events