Almarai to issue private sukuk
Riyadh, November 5, 2012
Saudi Arabian dairy and food producer Almarai Co plans to issue the second tranche of a riyal-denominated Islamic bond programme in the coming months to private investors, the company said in a bourse on Monday.
The Gulf's largest dairy firm raised 1 billion riyals ($266.6 million) through the first tranche in March in a deal which was 4.7 times oversubscribed.
"This second tranche of sukuk will be a private offering to sophisticated investors resident in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia," the company statement said.
Proceeds from the sukuk are seen helping finance Almarai's $4.2 billion investment programme which is aimed to expand its business between 2013 to 2017.
Almarai has been keen to expand its footprint outside its core presence in the Gulf region. In December it acquired Fondomonte S.A., which owns and operates firms in Argentina, to secure feed for its dairy herd and poultry business.
The company's third quarter earnings rose 4.7 percent but fell short of analysts forecasts as higher commodity prices and expansion costs ate into earnings, it said in October.
Shares in Almarai are up more than 20 percent this year. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo