JGC wins Sadara aromatics plant contract
Tokyo, September 24, 2012
Japan's JGC Corp said it has been awarded a contract to build an aromatics plant for Sadara Chemical Co, a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and Dow Chemical Co.
"The lump-sum turnkey contract calls for engineering, procurement and construction services for an aromatics plant in Saudi Arabia's Jubail region," the Japanese engineering firm said in a statement on Monday.
The company declined to disclose the value of the deal to provide the plant, which is set for completion in the second half of 2014.
JGC is also among a 20-strong pack of international engineering firms bidding to build a multi-billion-dollar refinery for Saudi Aramco in Jizan province, sources close to the bidding have said. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production