JGC wins Sadara aromatics plant contract
Tokyo, September 24, 2012
Japan's JGC Corp said it has been awarded a contract to build an aromatics plant for Sadara Chemical Co, a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and Dow Chemical Co.
"The lump-sum turnkey contract calls for engineering, procurement and construction services for an aromatics plant in Saudi Arabia's Jubail region," the Japanese engineering firm said in a statement on Monday.
The company declined to disclose the value of the deal to provide the plant, which is set for completion in the second half of 2014.
JGC is also among a 20-strong pack of international engineering firms bidding to build a multi-billion-dollar refinery for Saudi Aramco in Jizan province, sources close to the bidding have said. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad