Equate Petrochemical wins CSR award
Kuwait, June 11, 2011
Equate Petrochemical Company was recently announced as the winner of Arabian Business Best CSR Company Award 2011 in Kuwait.
“Being more than a petrochemical producer, Equate pays great attention to overall sustainability within and outside Kuwait in all relevant fields, especially educational, medical and environmental matters,” Hamad Al-Terkait, Equate president and CEO.
“Since establishing Equate CSR Program in 2005, Equate has launched several world class initiatives, such as the Middle East’s first plant water recycle project, Kuwait’s first CO2 recovery project and Kuwait’s first seawater cooling towers.”
“In addition, Equate has established solid partnerships with several bodies within and outside Kuwait which has resulted in various CSR initiatives, including health awareness campaigns, accords with scientific organizations, relief efforts and other relevant matters,” he added.
“Equate is the first Kuwaiti company to receive Responsible Care certification and accreditation which is living proof of our commitment to ensure the wellbeing of all our surroundings” Al-Terkait concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad
- Qatar non-hydrocarbon economy on the rise
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical firm
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014