New Bahrain hospital set for May opening
Manama, September 14, 2013
The work at the BD4.6 million ($12.1 million) Bomahr health center project in Muharraq is progressing well and is on track for opening next May, said top official.
Halat Bomahr health center, coming up on a total area of 13,674 sq m, will be the largest of its kind in Muharraq island, said Minister of Works Essam Khalaf after inspecting the work at the site.
The new health center is being set up on the directives of His Royal Highness Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, Prime Minister, he stated.
The first floor includes dental clinics and facility for women and child care and rehabilitation services. It also contains the Center's meeting rooms, education, medical and administrative offices and stores, according to the Ministry of Works.
The building will be equipped with all electrical and mechanical services and the latest techniques and regulations necessary for the operation and ensure the quality of medical services to be provided to citizens, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- ADSW to focus on energy-water nexus
- Bahrain moves to combat marine pollution
- Saudi hospital implements patient safety project
- Vasilica Aesthetics opens Dubai office
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases