Moevenpick Resort Tala Bay Aqaba
Moevenpick’s Jordan hotels win green approval
Amman, August 13, 2013
All five of Moevenpick’s Jordan properties have been recertified by Green Globe Certification (GGC), following a second annual sustainability audit conducted by Farnek Consulting, GGC’s exclusive partner in the Middle East.
The Moevenpick Resort & Residences Aqaba, Moevenpick Resort Tala Bay Aqaba and Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea all achieved top global rankings with the Moevenpick Resort Petra and Moevenpick Nabatean Castle Hotel recording 91 per cent.
Farnek is the preferred partner in the Middle East for Green Globe Certification (GGC), which is a worldwide sustainability system. GGC is based on internationally-accepted criteria for sustainable operation and management of travel and tourism businesses. Operating under a worldwide license, GCC is based in California and is represented in over 83 countries.
Green Globe Certification is also a member of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council, supported by the United Nations Foundation. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Bapco installs $120m water treatment plant
- $68bn health bill warning for GCC
- VLCC launches anti-obesity initiative in Bahrain
- 1,000 health experts at Doha innovation summit
- Major progress in fight against malaria
- MAF Dalkia, Dubai Aviation ink consultancy deal
- Summit highlights HR challenges in Arab health sector
- Saudi launches ambitious gene mapping project
- ADSW to focus on energy-water nexus
- Bahrain moves to combat marine pollution