Bahrain launches online database for X-rays
Manama, June 16, 2013
Bahrain has become the first country in the region to launch an integrated online storage hub for its patients’ X-rays, a top government official said.
All major hospitals and health centres will be able to access them from the facility based at the King Hamad University Hospital, Health Ministry Under-Secretary Dr Aisha Bu’unq was quoted as saying in the Gulf Daily News.
This system will eliminate the need to print X-rays as well as help speed up patient care, she added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases
- Bahrain 'free of Mers coronavirus'
- 500,000 suffer from spinal cord injuries
- 3BL to assess Majaal corporate sustainability
- Diabetes experts to meet in Abu Dhabi