Batelco sponsors charity health event
Manama, May 5, 2013
Batelco hearts & minds committee recently joined forces with the Ministry of Health & Muharraq Governorate, to sponsor a charitable event to raise awareness about controlling high blood pressure.
The event, which took place on Amwaj Island, provided an opportunity for Batelco and others to join in and raise awareness about the major issue of high blood pressure in Bahrain, a statement from the company said.
A friendly bicycle race was held for the youth, which was held with the support of the Bahrain Bicycle Association.
The hearts & minds committee are a group of volunteers that work in various fields and departments within Batelco. They share one common goal, which is serving the community in as many ways as possible, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases
- Bahrain 'free of Mers coronavirus'
- 500,000 suffer from spinal cord injuries
- 3BL to assess Majaal corporate sustainability
- Diabetes experts to meet in Abu Dhabi