Top optical brands to showcase at Vision-X
Dubai, March 27, 2013
Major international and regional brands will display the best in eyewear fashion and medical eye care at the upcoming Vision-X Dubai, a major optical and ophthalmic exhibition and conference.
Now in its 14th year, the event will run from April 9 to 11 at Dubai World Trade Centre.
The exhibition is seen as a prime opportunity to network amongst industry professionals and present the latest medical and technical equipment and machinery as well as new innovations and developments in fashion eyewear and accessories.
This year Vision-X Dubai will see more 3,500 trade visitors and 90 exhibitors from 17 countries with country groups including China, India, Italy, Korea and Turkey.
The event will see outstanding participation from Turkish companies including Efor Optik, Kayatur Optik and Prestij Optik. In addition, trade visitors can also look forward to the biggest German pavilion to date with leading manufacturers OWP, MO ROUP, Concept S and Essential among the German companies represented.
The world’s leading optic manufacturers, Allied Medical, Ciba Vision, Essilor, Logo France among others, have confirmed their participation this year.
Divided into two dedicated areas, Vision Opticare features the latest in medical and diagnostic equipment, machinery, tools, optometric equipment, surgical equipment and instruments. Vision Lifestyle showcases fashion eyewear, contact lenses, frames, sunglasses, licensed brands, shop equipment and furniture ensuring a truly targeted event.
Noteworthy launches at this year’s Vision-X Dubai include Nikon’s innovative Seecoat Blue, which will revolutionise the world of ophthalmic lenses. Not to be missed, too, is the unveiling of Johnson & Johnson’s Acuvue lenses, the only contact lenses that block 98 per cent of UVB and 85 per cent of UVA rays.
In terms of new technology and machinery to be showcased, Coburn Technologoies will introduce a new cobalt lens generator and cobalt soft tool polish at the Asian Optical stand. In addition, a range of exhibitors will offer the latest in optic lenses, contact lenses, edging machinery, low vision aid and vision test machines during the show.
Enhancing business interactions and trade is the Eye-Connect Vision-X Dubai Hosted Buyer Programme, which is an exclusive buyer programme that provides opportunities to meet leading international and regional manufacturers, suppliers and distributors.
The programme offers qualified buyers complimentary hotel accommodation, pre-scheduled and on-site appointments, host networking opportunities ensuring both parties make best use of their time during the show and increase productivity.
High level networking and discussions on the latest developments among industry experts will take place at the Vision-X Dubai 2013 Optometry Conference, which will focus on optometric education and best practices. This year, Vision Opticare presents two days of intensive seminar talks with renowned speakers who will explore a wide range of topics from effective key players in optometric practices to Myopia in the Middle East.
Together with Knowledge Partner Eye Zone Magazine, a comprehensive educational programme will also be offered for ophthalmologists, optometrists and mid-level eye care providers from the Middle East to share experiences, exchange knowledge and create networking opportunities.
In addition, a paper presentation, sponsored by Mitsui Chemicals, will focus on the brand’s new High Index Lens material and their complete range of lenses materials.
According to research by Euromonitor International, consumers in the GCC are among the most advanced in the world in terms of eye care issued and technological advancements. The relatively young and affluent population is likely to adopt the latest in contact lenses, for example, especially with strong encouragement from eye care professionals.
The value of sale for contact lenses in the UAE grew by a CAGR of 10 per cent in 2012, driven by advances in technology and increasing awareness among UAE consumers, especially young, relatively affluent expatriates according to Euromonitor International.
According to a recent market report by Transparency Market Research, the global ophthalmology market was worth $12,925.6 million in 2011 and is expected to reach $18,286.4 million in 2018, growing at a CAGR of 5.1 per cent from 2011 to 2018. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- New support group comes to overeaters' rescue
- RAK Hospital launches urinary clinic for women
- NBAD backs Emiratis on Antarctica trip
- Cut sugar intake drastically urges WHO
- Al khaliji to fund Qatar recycling plant
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- New facilitator to open in DHCC
- Many countries lack capacity to prevent hearing loss
- QUIT NOW: Passive smoking hurts kids' arteries
- San Francisco to ban plastic water bottles
- GSK wins home toothpaste award for Sensodyne
- E-integration vital to GCC healthcare industry
- Fakih IVF unveils two new genetic tests
- 2 die from H1N1 in Oman
- Al Noor Hospitals targets domestic growth
- Medical panel on the way in Bahrain
- 40pc of UAE adults ‘have hypertension’
- Saudi diabetics urged to stay away from camels
- GCC readies plan to fight heart diseases
- Bahrain opens sickle cell hospital
- Hazardous waste focus for Oman summit
- Infectious viruses to be tracked by satellite in UAE
- Mafraq Hospital names new surgery chief
- Saudi health ministry seals BMJ partnership
- Need for medical simulation training highlighted
- UAE-France discuss healthcare collaboration
- Seha focus on patient centred services
- Saudi-Tokyo firms in wastewater technology JV
- Leading experts at Dubai diabetes conference
- UAE reliance on green energy on the rise