Bahrain rains to continue Monday
Manama, December 17, 2012
Bahrain experienced moderate to heavy showers yesterday with the Civil Aviation Affairs Meteorology Directorate officials predicting more rain today.
Weather officials said the showers, which started early in the afternoon, brought down temperature considerably, with minimum temperature touching 14 degrees Celsius, our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News, reported.
The showers, which continued till late into the night, were accompanied by strong winds that at times touched 13 knots. Rain disrupted several programmes connected with the National Day celebrations.
A programme organised by the Central Area Municipality in Isa Town, presenting the cultural diversity of Bahrain was cancelled due to the weather conditions.
A laser show and a fireworks display were held at the Prince Khalifa bin Salman Garden, Muharraq. They were shortened because of poor attendance owing to the rains. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Egypt charity launches thalassemia campaign
- Disease focus for Dubai cardio summit
- Masdar, World Bank team up on clean tech
- Patient-to-nurse spread of SARS-like virus reported
- 40 medics to participate in Seha programme
- Bahrain to discuss SARS action with WHO
- Saudi Health sees big visitor turnout
- Etisalat to join GSMA diabetes drive
- Ultra-low salt intake may not boost health