American Hospital names new OGB physician
Dubai, April 11, 2012
The American Hospital Dubai has appointed US Board Certified Dr Mia Branch as an obstetrician/gynecologist at the hospital’s campus in Dubai.
Dr Branch undertook her basic medical training at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in 1999, and completed her Residency at the Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia in 2003.
Dr Branch was awarded her US Board Certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2005.
Prior to joining the American Hospital Dubai, Dr Branch worked as a staff physician at the Florida Hospital Heartland Division and the Florida Physicians Medical Group, based at the Women’s Wellness Center, Sebring, Florida.
She was also chief, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and vice chief, Department of Surgery, at the Center.
“Our obstetrics and gynecology clinic is at the very heart of the Hospital’s care for women in the community and underpins our Well Woman programme,” said Thomas Murray, CEO of the American Hospital Dubai.
“The clinic is one of the most active practice areas of the Hospital, offering screening, diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of conditions. We are delighted to welcome Dr Branch to the team, and her experience and expertise will be a tremendous asset to the hospital.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases
- Bahrain 'free of Mers coronavirus'
- 500,000 suffer from spinal cord injuries
- 3BL to assess Majaal corporate sustainability
- Diabetes experts to meet in Abu Dhabi