Dubai hospital names O&G specialist
Dubai, December 21, 2011
The American Hospital Dubai has appointed Dr Maia Danielson, MD, FACOG as a new specialist in the Obstetrics and Gynecology Department.
Dr Danielson is board certified by the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (2004). She joined the American Hospital Dubai from the US state of Texas, where she both ran her own private practice and worked as an obstetric hospitalist.
Dr Danielson undertook her medical training at Eastern Virginia Medical School, in Norfolk, Virginia, following which she held residencies in Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Family Planning, in hospitals in Connecticut, Virginia and Texas.
She was an assistant professor at the University of Texas Health Science Center, and a physician/partner at the Valley Women’s Clinic, in Harlingen prior to starting her own practice. Dr Danielson is a member of the Texas Medical Association, and American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Thomas Murray, CEO of American Hospital Dubai, said: “We are delighted to welcome Dr Danielson to the physician team at the hospital. She brings with her outstanding credentials and expertise, as a US Board Certified physician, and we believe her experience will add significantly to the team at our Obstetrics and Gynecology Department.”
“This is a vital area of care for the hospital and reflects the strong emphasis we place on meeting the specific demands of women’s wellness, through initiatives such as our Well Woman programme,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases
- Bahrain 'free of Mers coronavirus'
- 500,000 suffer from spinal cord injuries
- 3BL to assess Majaal corporate sustainability
- Diabetes experts to meet in Abu Dhabi