Spanish firm to open subsidiary at DuBiotech
Dubai, May 26, 2010
Spain-based Flores Valles, a leader in the manufacture of lab furniture, will make its Middle East foray by opening a subsidiary at DuBiotech, a life sciences park and a member of Tecom Investments’ sciences cluster.
Established in 1830, Flores Valles is one of the oldest manufacturing companies of lab furniture in Europe. It has an extensive network of distributors with a presence in more than 32 countries around the world, a statement said.
“With Flores Valles Group becoming a business partner at DuBiotech, the stage is set for a growing number of small and medium businesses to play a more prominent role,” said Dr Ayesha Abdullah, managing director of Tecom Investments’ sciences cluster.
“These companies concur with our vision to create a major life sciences hub in the Middle East featuring a community of biotechnology, pharmaceutical and research companies,” she added.
Dr Marco Baccanti, executive director, DuBiotech, said: “We believe the presence of Flores Valles at DuBiotech will help the company expand its region-wide reach and register dynamic growth. DuBiotech is committed to attracting more global majors to the cluster as part of our sincere endeavour to augment the region’s biotechnology industry.”
Jose Luis Flores Valles, chairman – Flores Valles Group, said: “In our commitment to the Middle East region, Flores Valles will establish a subsidiary in Dubai to serve customers in the region and promote its high end product range.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Saudi hospital implements patient safety project
- Vasilica Aesthetics opens Dubai office
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases
- Bahrain 'free of Mers coronavirus'
- 500,000 suffer from spinal cord injuries