Al Jalila launches medical scholarships
Dubai, June 26, 2013
Al Jalila Foundation, a Dubai-based not-for-profit organisation has set aside Dh3 million ($816,792) to help academically and financially deserving Emirati medical students.
The medical scholarship programme is open to students who intend to pursue postgraduate studies in the UAE at higher education institutes and universities accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, said a statement.
The programme is a transformative step towards building capacity and making the country’s heath sector more self-reliant, in line with the academic and healthcare goals of UAE Vision 2021, said a statement, it said.
The scholarships will be sustained through fundraising initiatives, involving private donors, corporate sponsors and the wider public, while collaborating with a range of authorities, corporates and institutions.
The funds raise will be invested in medical treatment, education and ongoing research, said the statement.
The deadline for application is August 1 and more information is available on the foundation’s website, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Deloitte in Islamic finance deal
- NBAD partners with top business school
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis