Du, IHC create ‘College on Cloud’
Dubai, June 26, 2013
Dubai-based telecom operator du and International Horizons College have partnered to create a cloud-based environment to enrich the learning experience for students.
With ‘College on Cloud’, IHC students will use the latest in visual learning, information sharing, and classroom collaboration tools deployed in the cloud, said a statement.
This is in-line with the shared vision of du and IHC to create a learning and operational environment that leverages the cloud and delivers an infrastructure to power IHC’s ICT strategy, it said.
Du delivers these cloud solutions to the college in a pay as you go, grow and use model without any capital expenditure upfront. It includes managed networks, wifi, security, video or software as a service, and infrastructure as a service (virtualised servers and storage), running several learning applications in du's data centres in the near future, it added.
Dr Michael Dobe, president of IHC, said: “du is a partner rather than merely a supplier of technologies, solutions and managed services.”
“Beyond the obvious benefits to learning in the academic environment, these technologies also serve a practical purpose for our students. As they learn about arts and sciences, our students are also acquiring modern skills that prepare them for a world where cloud-based technologies are the de-facto communication medium,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Gess launches GCC education awards
- Professional social media jobs urged
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Bahrain SMEs sector 'vital to economy'
- Bahrain to host entrepreneurship forum
- HBMeU, Fujairah College sign education pact
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Etihad, HCT sign pact for education centre
- Workplace diversity focus of forum
- Deloitte in Islamic finance deal