Prince Alwaleed honoured by Australian varsity
Riyadh, November 27, 2012
Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, chairman of Kingdom Holding Company (KHC), was awarded an honorary doctorate in Law, honoris causa from the University of Monash, Australia.
This is Prince Alwaleed’s 23rd honorary doctorate. The accolade was conferred by the chancellor Dr Alan Finkel at a ceremony held at the Kingdom Resort in Riyadh.
Prince Alwaleed was honoured for his significant influence on economic and social development in addition to his support for cultural studies.
The ceremony took place in the presence of Princess Ameerah Al-Taweel, vice chairwoman and secretary general of Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundation that is chaired by the Prince.
Dr Finkel gave an opening speech and commended Prince Alwaleed on his achievements globally.
The Prince’s investments in Australia through KHC include investments in the banking sector through Citigroup, the hospitality sector through Four Seasons and Swissotel, and via the media sector through News Corp, and LBC as it is the most popular Arab channel in Australia. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Gulf Air union fears 'management ploy'
- Bahrain university campus project on track
- Tamkeen to host “A9eel in School”
- Women in Bahrain private sector jobs up 73pc
- Bahrain students develop water producing car
- AUD extends scholarship deadline
- HBMeU signs deal with Spanish university
- Bahrain 'to become GCC's knowledge hub'
- Jail for employers hiring runaways in Bahrain
- Illegal teachers in Bahrain face deportation