Wise Awards invites applications
Dubai, April 16, 2012
Representatives of original and pioneering initiatives in education have been invited to apply for the Wise Awards which will be presented to six successful projects at the 2012 Wise Summit, set to be held in Qatar later this year.
The event, which is in its fourth year, will be held from November 13 to 15 in Doha. This year’s theme is ‘Transforming Education’.
The awards recognise and spotlight innovative educational projects from around the world, and from all educational sectors, which have had a transformative impact upon education and society.
The winning projects will be showcased at the annual Wise Summit and will benefit from substantial media visibility, helping promote its achievements and developments. They will each also be given $20,000, a statement from the event organisers said.
One of the 2012 Wise Awards will be for a project that has best delivered innovative financing of primary education.
A panel will examine the applications and 24 finalists will be announced in July. A jury of leading educational experts will then select the six most innovative projects. The winners of the awards will be announced in September, the statement said.
Sheikh Abdulla bin Ali Al-Thani, chairman of Wise and Wise Awards Jury, said: “Over the last three years we have received very impressive applications for the Wise Awards which are having an outstanding impact on people’s lives around the world. Great innovations need to be recognised and made accessible to all so that they can be expanded, adapted and replicated, and inspire and benefit other communities.”
Applications are open from April 1 and will close on May 31. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA