Gulf Air achieves record Bahrainisation
Manama, April 15, 2012
Gulf Air, the national carrier of Bahrain, has, for the first time, achieved 50 per cent global Bahrainisation of its staff, a report said.
Latest statistics show that in Bahrain, 58 per cent are Bahrainis, with 83 per cent of upper management being nationals, making the airline a regional leader, being the carrier with the most local people running it.
While Bahraini CEO, chiefs and directors accounted for 76 per cent of the employees, the level of Bahrainisation at the senior manager and manager levels stood at 53 and 69 per cent respectively.
Around 84 per cent of the supervisors are Bahrainis, and 46 per cent of the airline’s pilots are Bahrainis.
The concentration of Bahrainis at the cabin crew and engineers stands at 28 per cent each, the report said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- HBMeU, Fujairah College sign education pact
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Etihad, HCT sign pact for education centre
- Workplace diversity focus of forum
- Deloitte in Islamic finance deal
- NBAD partners with top business school
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University