Caparol wins Bawabat Al Sharq project contract
Dubai, September 4, 2013
Caparol, a Germany-based paint and insulation manufacturer, has won a contract to provide interior and exterior paints for the Bawabat Al Sharq project in Abu Dhabi.
The development, on Yas Island, is a Baniyas Investment and Development Company project valued at Dh3 billion ($816.5 million). It extends across 108 hectares of land and is the first luxury mixed-use development of its kind in Abu Dhabi’s prime suburban area – BaniYas.
Gary Seabrook, general manager of Caparol Middle East, said: “At Bawabat Al Sharq we will be supplying Capastructure and Decolasur as external wall coatings, along with CapaMatt for interiors for 192 villas. The project is aimed for completion in October.”
DecoLasur is a versatile glazing compound which is ideal for traditional paint effects such as colour washing, ragging and dragging, it can also be used on textured surfaces for a distinctive, rustic character.
Capastructure is used to create a rustic, decorative country style finish. Expressive and individual designs can be achieved by top-coating with Decolasur to give a dual colour or a heritage finish.
Bawabat Al Sharq includes residential, commercial, retail and entertainment offerings in addition to educational facilities, a medical centre, a health club and sporting, community and recreational areas. The development will also include a fully-fledged mall, with 339 high-end retail outlets covering 70,000 sq m.
Caparol has also won another housing project in Abu Dhabi comprising 92 villas.
Seabrook said: “We are working in conjunction with our partners Commodore Contracting on this Al Ain-based project. Caparol’s external thermal insulation (Etics) will be used throughout, along with StructurePutz, a synthetic aggregate filled resin plaster, for exteriors. The project is due for completion at the end of 2013”.
“Proper use of Etics can save 30-35 per cent of building power consumption,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan