Emicool, Swiss firm launch metering tie-up
Dubai, July 23, 2013
Emirates District Cooling (Emicool), a leading district cooling service provider, has launched a new partnership with Switzerland-based Aquametro, a top smart energy metering company, to offer high-tech metering systems.
AquaCool Metering will bring world-class technology and solutions to the regional market through its highly calibrated BTU meter, an essential component for professional district cooling services which ensures reliable and accurate metering of energy consumption.
With this new technology, AquaCool Metering will provide the UAE market with the most modern pre- and post-installation solutions on BTU meters for building owners, developers and other stakeholders. Established by experts in district cooling service, the new meters are expected to ensure distinguished quality output.
“District cooling is a constantly evolving industry and the culture of reasonable energy consumption is developing in the region. Supporting reduction in carbon footprint is imperative and not an option any longer. We are proud of our significant contribution towards a better future for the next generation and our partnership with Aquametro and the launch of AquaCool Metering is a pivotal step in this direction,” said Adib Moubadder, general manager of Emicool.
“It has always been a challenge to assess the precise consumption of air-conditioning and to find the right allocation of utility costs between public areas and tenants’ premises, which are now possible with the new BTU meters,” he added.
Adrian Oehler, chairman of Aquametro and president of Governing Board of Integra Group, said: “Aquametro is excited to enter into this strategic alliance with the leading district cooling provider - Emicool. We strongly believe that Emicool is well positioned and is an innovative partner with ground-breaking and efficient district cooling solutions in the region. The district cooling market in UAE offers tremendous growth potential for AquaCool to deliver a unique model based on advanced and innovative meters manufactured by Aquametro.”
Aquametro manufactures thermal energy meters for residential section, building management and applications in the process industries.
Emicool currently serves more than 14,000 customers connected to its network. The Emicool Research & Development (R&D) section has confirmed the positive impact of the installation of smart metering. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals