Dubai’s $195m bridges project on track
Dubai, July 14, 2013
Construction at the Dh719 million ($195.7 million) Trade Center Bridges Project in Dubai has reached 90 per cent completion and the project is expected to open in the second half of November, said a top official.
Mattar Al Tayer, chairman of the board and executive director of the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA), made the remarks following a tour to the project site where he was briefed by engineers about the work progress in the project.
The project encompasses the construction of 22 bridges of precast concrete units forming a corridor spanning 4,250 meters comprising two lanes in each direction together with a concrete ramp extending 120 meters added to serve the traffic outbound to Al Maktoum Bridge.
Al Tayer inspected the project components where construction works have been completed in most interchanges with main roads such as Sheikh Zayed Road, Sheikh Rashid Road, and Zabeel 2 Road.
Al Tayer directed to assess the level of traffic safety in the bridge before being opened, particularly in the approaches of the World Trade Center, and erect cautionary signage for motorists to reduce speed well before vehicles start descending from the bridge. He also directed to study placing directive signs in the approach to the bridge to help motorists identify their destinations properly.
"The Trade Center Bridges Project is by far the largest phase of the Parallel Roads Project; which is one of the massive road projects undertaken by the RTA aimed at linking the Western Parallel Road with the Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Road and Street 312 passing by the World Trade Center,” Al Tayer said.
“The project also serves the traffic in the opposite direction of Street 312 passing by the Trade Center heading towards Al Maktoum and Al Garhoud Bridges as well as the Dubai–Al Ain Road. It also includes improving the signalized junctions at the intersection of the Trade Center in addition to infrastructure and lighting works.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals