Alfanar wins $400m projects in F1
Riyadh, July 3, 2013
Saudi-based EPC company, Alfanar Construction said it has been awarded several strategic projects amounting to SR1.5 billion ($400 million) in the first half of this year.
The projects include the construction of substations as well as underground cabling works in different parts of the kingdom, said a statement.
A substation project worth SR716 million was signed with the Saline Water Conversion Corporation (SWCC), said the statement. The T&D power project aims to integrate the large power generation capacity (3100MW) of Yanbu III into the grid to provide reliable power.
The project will be executed on a fast track basis since the substations are scheduled to be completed and put into service within 22 months. The substations will supply power to the SWCC pumping stations.
The Saudi Electricity Company (SEC) awarded Alfanar two major projects for the construction of 380 KV underground cables in Jeddah and Makkah, with a total value of SR793 million, it said.
The projects aim to establish two circuit links (21km), between the Jeddah Central substation and the Jeddah North / Al-Faisaliyah substations and will be completed in 22 months.
Alfanar won the Best Energy Project Award at the Middle East Electricity exhibition, held in Dubai recently for its Hail 2 power plant extension III project, which was completed six weeks ahead of schedule. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- India property group eyes Dubai market
- Kuwaiti real estate sales soar to $886m
- Emaar unveils first big project at Expo 2020 site
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show