Emaar awards major Saudi project contract
Jeddah, May 8, 2013
Emaar Middle East, a subsidiary of global property developer Emaar Properties has awarded the construction contract for its newest project, the Abraj Al Hilal 2 residential complex in Jeddah Gate, to Azmeel Contracting & Construction Corporation.
The Saudi construction company will start working on the three-tower residential complex this month and will aim to complete it in 2016 for scheduled hand-over of residences to customers in the first quarter.
The elegantly designed Abraj Al Hilal 2 is an integral part of Jeddah Gate, Emaar Middle East’s flagship integrated development. It is being built to the world-class standards set by Emaar, highlighting the top-notch built quality that the company brings to its projects.
"Following the sales launch of Abraj Al Hilal 2, which received strong investor response, we are now commencing the construction work of the residential complex," remarked Ahmad Al Kulli, the general manager of Emaar Middle East, after signing the construction contract with Ahmed Al Jabr, the CEO of Azmeel Contracting & Construction Corporation, at a ceremony in Jeddah.
"Designed by international architects, Abraj Al Hilal 2 brings a new lifestyle experience to the Jeddah Gate community, and we are developing it to highest global standards we adhere to across all our developments. In line with our commitment to support the Saudi economy, we have signed the contract with Azmeel, which has proven competencies in undertaking large-scale developments," he added.
Emaar Middle East has already handed over homes in Abraj Al Hilal 1 in Jeddah Gate. Abraj Al Hilal 2, an attractive investment and ownership opportunity and promising affordable luxury for residents.
The three-tower residential complex of 17 to 21 floors has apartments ranging in size from 98 to 449 sq meters. All the homes offer maximum comfort and privacy with double-glazed windows and the finest interiors and fixtures.
Customers also have the option of villa-living within a high-rise with Abraj Al Hilal 2 featuring the Kingdom’s first of its kind lower villas and penthouses, which are aimed at the discerning customers.
Located centrally in Jeddah Gate and overlooks the main plaza, Al Helal Plaza, which can be reached through pedestrian walkways, Abraj Al Hilal 2 offers residents an array of amenities including a dedicated retail area, health & fitness center, ladies spa, day care centre, clubhouse, outdoor swimming pools, and 525 dedicated car parking spaces.
Jeddah Gate is located on over 400,000 sq m of land in Jeddah's new downtown. The project serves as a centre point for the city's new downtown, and is in close proximity to the main railroad linking Makkah and Madinah to Jeddah, which will allow Jeddah Gate residents to reach Makkah in 25 minutes once the train network has opened.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth