Damac to build Trump-branded golf course in Dubai
Dubai, May 5, 2013
Damac Properties, a privately held developer, said on Sunday it would work with American real-estate mogul Donald Trump to build a new golf course in Dubai, adding to a growing list of project announcements in the emirate.
Developers in Dubai are reviving stalled projects and announcing new ones as the emirate's property market recovers gradually after prices tumbled by 50 percent in 2008.
The Trump International Golf Club Dubai will be at the centre of Damac's 28 million sq ft development called 'Akoya by Damac', it said.
Construction is already underway and the course will be ready next year.
Damac said it will be the owner and developer of the property and will use the "Trump" name under the terms of a management agreement.
Donald Trump cancelled a previous foray into Dubai's real estate market, a project to build an international hotel tower on Dubai's Palm Jumeirah, after the emirate's property downturn.
Damac, formed in 2002, has completed 37 buildings and has another 66 buildings under construction across the Mena region. Sources told Reuters in April that the developer had submitted requests to leading international banks for a possible listing of its shares. – Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal