Kitchen, spa products at Saudi expo
Jeddah, April 30, 2013
The ‘Saudi Kitchen & Bathroom Expo’ and ‘Saudi Pool & Spa Expo’ opened today (April 30) at the Jeddah Center for Forums and Events in Saudi Arabia.
These concurrent trade events, which run until May 2, will provide an opportunity for Saudi suppliers to showcase their products to a much broader market base and empower them to compete with international brands.
“We are confident of achieving our strategic goals for the ‘Saudi Kitchen and Bathroom Expo’ and the ‘Saudi Pool and Spa Expo’ this year, said Haya Sunaidi, the chairman of Reed Sunaidi Exhibitions, at the opening of the exhibitions.
"We will continue to focus on providing a dedicated platform for local manufacturers of kitchen and bathroom products and pool and spa equipments to grow and expand their business," she stated.
According to her, The General Housing Authority in Saudi Arabia will be investing SR247.5 billion in new housing projects across Saudi Arabia within the next 12 months, while up to two million residential units are required to be built by 2014 even as the government continues to address the growing housing requirements of its increasing population.
The new wave of housing investments is accordingly driving the demand for kitchen accessories, pool & spa equipment, and sanitary ware as well as general bathroom materials, which are all common fixtures in new housing facilities across Saudi Arabia, remarked Sunaidi.
“There is an increasing demand for kitchen accessories and equipment, as well as bathroom materials, fittings and accessories, and pool and spa equipment. The construction boom being witnessed across the Kingdom is driving this demand. Over the next five years alone, it is estimated that almost 10,000 swimming pools will be built each year. It is clear that market conditions will remain vibrant for the long-term, creating a huge window of opportunity for local suppliers as well as foreign brands,” she added.
Hisham Daoud, the business development manager of Nolte Home Studio-Saudi Arabia, said the kingdom is the fastest growing kitchen furniture market in the Middle East.
"Having captured a 5 per cent share of the local market since Nolte was launched in Riyadh in 2010, Saudi will play a pivotal role in our long-term growth plans. We are now looking to intensify our expansion drive particularly in western province and we are confident that our participation in the Expo will allow us to reach more potential customers and create greater brand awareness," he observed.
Ahmed A. Samra, the international marketing manager of Royal Ceramics said, "Saudi s one of the most attractive markets in the region, having demonstrated an unprecedented growth rate over the past two years, especially in light of the Kingdom’s construction boom."
"We are seeking to capitalize on such lucrative market prospects to sustain our regional growth plans," Samra stated.
According to Sunaidi, these expos provide an exclusive platform to explore the latest products and value-added services for building contractors, architects, interior designers, specifiers, building consultants, hoteliers, facilities managers, import-export professionals and real estate agents among others.
"We have received an overwhelming response from both exhibitors and trade visitors, making this year an exciting breakthrough for these launch exhibitions," she added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan