Bahrain road revamp project on track
Manama, April 30, 2013
The revamping of roads in Block 907, as part of an integrated maintenance project targeting East Riffa roads, is progressing well with 40 per cent work completed in the first phase, said a statement from The Bahrain Ministry of Works.
The BD499,000 ($1.36 million) road revamp project was awarded to Bahrain Pipeline Construction Company, the statement added.
The Phase I covers Blocks 907 & 905, while the second phase will target roads in Block 911 and the completion of roads revamp in Block 907, said MoW’s Roads projects & maintenance director Raed Al Salah.
Meanwhile, the ministry has announced the completion of the road revamp project at Hamad Town which covered Blocks 1204 & 1205 housing 2,235 residential units. The project was completed by Bahrain Asphalt.
Al Salah said the BD753,795 project comprised paving works, revamping the damaged parts on roads, re-asphalting and signage works.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show
- Summit to spotlight green building issues
- Cluttons to launch new brand in 2014