Dar Al-Arkan Q1 net profit down 18.8pc
Riyadh, April 10, 2013
Saudi Arabia's top real estate developer Dar Al-Arkan said on Wednesday its first quarter net profit fell 18.8 percent from the same period last year to 238 million riyals ($63.5 million), although it still beat analyst forecasts.
The company blamed its year-on-year drop in profit on lower non-operating income and higher expenses in a statement it posted on the website of the Saudi bourse.
Six analysts polled by Reuters had forecast, on average, that Dar al-Arkan would have first-quarter net profit of 256 million riyals. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- India property group eyes Dubai market
- Kuwaiti real estate sales soar to $886m
- Emaar unveils first big project at Expo 2020 site
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show