Foster Wheeler wins Egypt EPC project
Cairo, April 2, 2013
Switzerland-based engineering and construction group Foster Wheeler has won a contract from Apache Khalda Corporation to provide technical consultancy services during the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) phase of the Qasr Compression Project in Egypt.
Apache Khalda is the third largest producer of liquid hydrocarbons and natural gas in Egypt.
A global engineering and construction group, Foster Wheeler said the contracts were awarded to its subsidiaries Global Engineering and Construction Group. The company however did not reveal the contract value.
The Qasr Compression Project will provide additional compression to the existing facilities at the Qasr gas condensate field, in the Western Desert, approximately 525 km west of Cairo.
As per the contract, Foster Wheeler will assist Apache Khalda in the management and administration of the EPC phase of the project as part of a joint project management team. The EPC phase is expected to be completed in the first- quarter 2015.
The company had also provided project management consultancy services to Apache Khalda during the front-end engineering design phase. The Swiss construction giant said it will be included in the first-quarter 2013 bookings.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna