Foster Wheeler wins Egypt EPC project
Cairo, April 2, 2013
Switzerland-based engineering and construction group Foster Wheeler has won a contract from Apache Khalda Corporation to provide technical consultancy services during the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) phase of the Qasr Compression Project in Egypt.
Apache Khalda is the third largest producer of liquid hydrocarbons and natural gas in Egypt.
A global engineering and construction group, Foster Wheeler said the contracts were awarded to its subsidiaries Global Engineering and Construction Group. The company however did not reveal the contract value.
The Qasr Compression Project will provide additional compression to the existing facilities at the Qasr gas condensate field, in the Western Desert, approximately 525 km west of Cairo.
As per the contract, Foster Wheeler will assist Apache Khalda in the management and administration of the EPC phase of the project as part of a joint project management team. The EPC phase is expected to be completed in the first- quarter 2015.
The company had also provided project management consultancy services to Apache Khalda during the front-end engineering design phase. The Swiss construction giant said it will be included in the first-quarter 2013 bookings.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show
- Summit to spotlight green building issues
- Cluttons to launch new brand in 2014
- Abu Dhabi’s project spend ‘to top $100bn’
- Israel, Jordan and Palestine ink landmark water deal