Drake and Scull wins $100m new contracts
Dubai, March 19, 2013
Contractor Drake & Scull International has been awarded contracts worth 369 million dirhams ($100.46 million) for the construction of three projects in Saudi Arabia and the UAE, it said on Tuesday.
Drake, which specialises in mechanical, engineering and plumbing (MEP) operations, has been gradually expanding its operations outside of Dubai following a slowdown in the emirate's once-booming real estate sector.
The contracts include 287 million dirhams worth of work awarded by Al Rajhi Bank to construct the bank's cash centre, operations centre and a data centre facility in Riyadh, according to a statement on the Dubai Financial Market.
The company has also secured a contract worth 82 million dirhams for the construction of a government utility project in Abu Dhabi. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Schön sees business park project on track
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower
- Interface named ‘Most Sustainable' firm
- Musanada inks $582m Abu Dhabi-Dubai road deal
- Manara residential project on track
- Duqm completes airfields infrastructure work
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom