Housing experts to gather for key summit
Abu Dhabi, February 20, 2013
Experts in housing construction and urban development from the government and private sector will meet in Abu Dhabi for the inaugural Future Housing Summit to be held from March 3 to 5 at the Westin Golf Resort & Spa.
The event takes place where the UAE is currently expanding its housing and residential infrastructure to meet local demand and investing huge amounts into new residential developments.
Conference sessions, case studies, panel discussions, construction updates and networking at this summit will provide a great opportunity for experts to gain insight into the current and future projects happening in the UAE and its housing sector.
The conference keynote speaker Abdullah Shamsi, executive director of infrastructure and municipal assets at the Abu Dhabi Municipality will give an overview of Abu Dhabi’s housing sector, the regulatory framework and key policies governing the sector and discuss prospects for Abu Dhabi’s housing developments.
Further presentations and panel discussions will cover key topics including; delivering enough housing to meet the rising regional demand and ensuring construction is aligned with local environmental standards.
“The Middle East is grappling with housing provision and affordability issues at all levels. This important conference will address long term housing sustainability issues – including economic, social equity and environmental considerations – and suggest viable solutions to meet the diverse needs of the populations,” said Rudayna Abdo, senior adviser, Otak International. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project