Top Lebanese retailer plans $200m project
Beirut, February 19, 2013
ABC, a leading retailer in the Middle East, has joined hands with Verdun 1544 Holding, a part of the top Lebanese real estate group BahaaRaficHariri, to launch a $200 million retail development project,‘ABC Verdun,’ in Beirut.
ABC said the work on the largest commercial entertaining project in Lebanon will begin within six months and will be built as per the latest designs and global standards.
The 170,000 sq m shopping mall will occupy a large part hosting the most prominent and prestigious international fashion houses, restaurants, cafes, cinemas and other recreational facilities.
According to ABC, the project will be constructed on an 18,000 sq m property with 175,000 sq m of built area, out of which 50,000 sq m will be allocated to lease.
Further to this partnership, ABC holds the exclusive right to operate the development for a period of 30 years and investing in a 10,000 sq m for the ABC department store while the remaining space will be leased to other partners.
ABC Verdun aims to welcome its first shoppers and tourists by 2017 to constitute a landmark amongst family destinations for shopping, fashion and entertainment, it added.
“The project’s timing comes within the sensitive political and economic situation facing Lebanon and the Arab world,” remarked MP Robert Fadel, the chairman and chief executive officer of ABC.
“Our faith in Lebanon and our trust in the future of its economy made us more determined to proceed with such a hugeproject that will attract the residents of greater Beirut. ABC Verdun will be a quantum leap in the retail sector and mall management not only in Verdun but in Lebanon while generating more than 2,000 job opportunities,” he stated.
"It is with great pleasure that we signed a strategic partnership with ABC, the firstLebanese and probably regional entity to develop and manage shopping centers”, said Jamil Jamil Bayram of BahaaRaficHariri Group after signing the deal with ABC.
“Starting today, Verdun streets must get ready to welcome the largest commercial entertaining project that will constitute a breakthrough for all Lebanese as well as tourists, especially from the Arab countries,” he added.
"Our strong belief in the future of Lebanon and its people, encouraged us to invest in this milestone project for the benefit of future generations,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed