Al Rostamani moves to 'Vertical Maze' tower
Dubai, January 28, 2013
The Al Rostamani Group, one of the most respected business groups in the UAE, has moved the corporate headquarters to its flagship 55-storey tower “The Maze” located on Sheikh Zayed Road in Dubai.
The uniquely-designed and constructed tower is the first vertical maze building to built anywhere in the world and comprises a mix of residential and office accommodation, said a company statement.
The Al Rostamani Group will occupy a total of 10 floors of the building that has been designed by UK maze design specialist Adrian Fisher who has worked closely with senior company management to create this unique architectural statement on the Dubai skyline, it added.
Commenting on the move, Group vice chairman Hassan Al Rostamani said, “We always wanted The Maze to look like it was carved out of one massive piece of rock, with the constant play of light and shadow to render it alive.”
Specialist construction features of the Maze include the fact that it has been made entirely of stone including extensive use of granite and it also has a unique Video Wall feature near the top of the tower plus a spectacular LED light feature that provides up to 52 different permutations bringing the building to life at night.
It is also a real maze that can be solved and the design feature extends to the car parking facility that shares the same consistent approach.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Oman invites bids for key airport project
- Spanish group wins $105m Kuwait cable deal