R&M installs cabling infrastructure at Jordan hotel
Amman, January 26, 2013
Swiss cabling specialist Reichle & De Massari (R&M) has successfully implemented its first CAT6A UTP ISO (10G) with 650MHz integrated solution in Middle East and Africa region at the Millennium Hotel Amman in Jordan.
The installation was carried out by R&M’s partner in Jordan, Applied Technical Systems (ATS) with direct involvement and supervision by the R&M Levant office in Amman.
The project took two months to be completed by eight R&M certified installers from ATS.
Since this was the first R&M CAT6A ISO project in the region, certified QPP training courses were conducted on-site by the R&M Levant technical team to ensure that the installers from ATS had all the necessary technical skills required to complete the installation successfully.
The end-to-end cabling solution comprises the newly designed, high performance and secure CAT6A UTP ISO connectivity technology along with the OM3 Fiber Optic vertical solution, to give the customer the highest level of Swiss quality and performance, said a company statement.
The 178-room Millennium Hotel Amman is the newest luxury 5-star business lifestyle hotel in the Jordanian capital.
The 20-floor property is located in the business and commercial district of Shmeisani is within easy walking distance of Amman's shopping centers, banks, high-end restaurants and entertainment facilities.
The R&M project commenced when the IT consultant for the project Munir AbuZeid, executive director of Meda Consulting Engineers in Amman designed a comprehensive IT infrastructure solution specifying products with the highest quality and performance standards to match the hotel’s contemporary design.
R&M’s CAT6A UTP ISO was chosen as it fulfilled all these requirements.
"Based on my long experience in the industry working with various cabling solutions, I found that the performance of the R&M CAT6A UTP (10G) with 650MHz cabling infrastructure solution was excellent with high bandwidth and capacity capabilities," said AbuZeid.
"We fully trust that the installed R&M products will not only meet, but also exceed the expectations of Millennium Hotel," he added.
Ibrahim Zananiri, the IT manager at Millennium Hotel Amman said, “A world-class hotel like Millennium Hotel Amman which targets the most elite customers in the region required a 5-star cabling infrastructure solution that facilitates intelligence services for all customer facilities and ensured the highest level of network stability and availability."
"At the same time, it had to have a contemporary design that matched the modern design of the hotel. The R&M solution ticked all the boxes and with local representation and support from its technically proficient partner ATS, the company was able to not only meet, but also exceed our expectations,” he added.
Mohammad Sweidan, the area manager, Levant Area & Kuwait at R&M, said, "The team spirit and close collaboration with our partner ATS was instrumental in delivery of the project to the satisfaction of the customer. We look forward to many such successful projects in the region in the future."-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract