Indian School Bahrain to start work on new campus
Manama, January 22, 2013
Indian School Bahrain will hold a ceremony to lay the foundation stone for its new BD2.5 million ($6.52 million) campus on Saturday.
The new state-of-the-art campus in West Riffa is being constructed as the contract for the school's Sitra campus expires by September this year, said a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
The three-storey building covering 13,592 sq m will have six distinct blocks with modern facilities, including parking spaces for 203 cars and 50 buses.
The building will have CCTV surveillance with 102 classrooms, 15 lavatories, administration offices, computer and science labs, art room and a music room.
Saturday's event - coinciding with the Indian Republic Day - will kick off at 11am at the Riffa Sports Club in West Riffa.
The chief guests include Education Minister Dr Majid Al Nuaimi, Indian Ambassador Dr Mohan Kumar and Riffa Sports Club president Shaikh Abdulla bin Khalid Al Khalifa.
"The formalities have been completed conscientiously and scrupulously with necessary approvals and the contract has been finalised and awarded to Hisham Contracting. Al Jazeera Engineering is the consultant for the project," said school chairman Abraham John during a Press conference yesterday (January 21). – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m