Al Futtaim wins major MEP contract in Qatar
Dubai, January 14, 2013
The Qatar unit of UAE-based Al-Futtaim Engineering has signed a five-year mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) maintenance contract with Aspire Logistics, a builder and operator of sporting facilities.
Hamad & Mohamad Al-Futtaim was awarded the contract for the sports complex which is host to major international sporting events in the Peninsula state.
“This is an important step for us in what is regarded as one of the fastest growing construction market in the world,” said Dawood Bin Ozair, senior managing director, Electronics, Engineering and Technologies at Al-Futtaim Engineering.
“The sports complex is expected to play a central role in the build-up to the 2022 FIFA World Cup and the country’s ambition to become a major regional and international player in the field of sports.
“I am confident that the Hamad & Mohamad Al-Futtaim team in Qatar will leverage its considerable experience and exceed all the goals and objectives of the client,” he added.
Hamad & Mohamad Al-Futtaim’s other high-profile MEP projects in Qatar include the Burj Al Marina within the Lusail City development, IKEA which is located at Doha Festival City and the Heritage Quarter which includes a Mosque, a prayer hall and heritage houses.
Murali S, acting managing director, Al-Futtaim Engineering said: “We are extremely proud to have won this contract and to be associated with Aspire Logistics. This is a big step forward for our business and another opportunity to deliver our high quality services to customers in Qatar.”
Owned by the Qatar government, Aspire Logistics is a strategic business unit of Aspire Zone Foundation. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan