Bahrain marina project work underway
Manama, December 3, 2012
The infrastructure and construction works are underway for the first phase of Durrat Marina - one of the leading marine-based real estate projects in Bahrain, said a report, citing the company officials.
The first phase, which was recently launched for sales, has already captured a great deal of interest. It includes an exclusive set of sea-facing villas, residential apartment blocks, luxury serviced apartments, a dedicated yacht club in close proximity to the marina, and a promenade with cafes and retail outlets.
Durrat Marina has awarded the contract for construction of the infrastructure and villas in Phase 1 to Tamcon Contracting, a civil engineering and construction firm.
The design stage has been complemented for road networks, electrical network, storm water, as well as water and drainage networks.
A full construction programme for the villas has already been approved, with land filling and excavation works well underway. It is expected that construction of the villas will be completed before mid-2014, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"We are pleased to report tangible developments on site at Durrat Marina," said Durrat Marina chief executive Waleed Saffy.
"Though the real estate market has been challenging in recent years, we have found that there is demand for the right kind of products at the right price.
"Durrat Marina, located just north of Durrat Al Bahrain, has garnered interest from more and more people seeking either a weekend retreat or a marina-based residence."
He said as the market sees gradual improvement "we expect confidence to grow, especially in a project such as ours. Onsite development of Phase 1 will work to aid this confidence."-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah