Emaar's apartment sales jump in Q3
Dubai, November 18, 2012
Emaar Properties' revenue from apartments sales more than tripled in the third quarter, helping Dubai's largest developer overcome a sharp decline in the sale of commercial units.
Revenue from sales of condominiums in the third-quarter more than tripled to 567 million dirhams ($154.4 million) from 183 million dirhams in the same period in 2011, a detailed earnings statement released on Sunday showed. However, revenue from sale of villas dropped slightly to 123 million dirhams from 126 million dirhams a year-ago.
Income from sale of commercial properties and plot sales took a major hit, generating only 109 million dirhams compared with 798.4 million dirhams in the prior-year period.
Emaar is one of the better performers among property companies in Dubai as the sector recovers from a roughly 60 percent drop in real estate prices from their peak in 2008.
The builder of the world's tallest tower, reported a 4.7 percent drop in third-quarter revenue in October, missing analyst's forecasts.
Emaar launched three new real estate projects this year, with residential units generating strong interest.
The report also showed that Emaar is owed 242 million dirhams by troubled mortgage affiliate Amlak, down from 595 million dirhams in 2011.
This amount earns an average interest of 1.45 percent per annum compared with 3.13 percent to 4 percent last year, Emaar said. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed