KBR clinches major Saudi power project deal
Houston (US), November 13, 2012
KBR, a global engineering, construction and services company, said it has won a contract to execute front-end engineering and design (Feed) for an integrated gasification combined cycle (IGCC) project near Jazan Economic City, Saudi Arabia.
Once completed, it will be the largest gasifier-based power facility built in the world, said a statement from KBR.
The IGCC complex will convert vacuum residue to electricity and utilities for a local refinery and export 2.4 Gigawatts of electricity to the Jazan Economic City and the surrounding region.
This awarding of the contract comes following KBR’s recent completion of Feed for the Jazan Refinery and Terminal, a 400,000 bpd facility located near Jazan Economic City, it added.
KBR is a major player supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Depa names new board directors
- Work to start on new Bahrain social centre
- Indian developer to open Dubai office
- 50 firms to showcase at Cityscape Riyadh
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- New power station for Bahrain hospital
- Al Hamra Village wins top mixed-use award
- Schön sees business park project on track
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower