Tasweek names new board members
Abu Dhabi, June 12, 2012
Abu Dhabi-based Tasweek Real Estate Development and Marketing has appointed new members to its board under the chairmanship of Mohamed Khalifa Ahmed M. Alfahed Al Mehairi.
An advisor and solutions provider serving the real estate markets, Tasweek said the new board was elected at the annual general assembly with Mohamed Khalifa and Khalid Ali Rasheed Naser Al Omaira, being retained as chairman and vice chairman respectively.
The board members include Mohamed Saif Darwish Ahmed Al Ketbi; Suhail Suhail Faris Ghanem Al Mazrouei; Saif Khalfan Mohd Khalifa Busari Al Suwaidi; Mansoor Mohamed Fadhel Mohamed Al Mehairbi; Odhaid Saeed Khalfan Saeed Bin Sdaira Al Mansouri; Nasser Ahmad Thani Bin Obood; and Marwan Faraj Ali Bin Hamooda Al Dhaheri.
Commenting on the appointment, CEO Masood Al Awar, said, "Our new leadership has expressed their intent to bring Tasweek to its fourth straight year of profit growth. Their appointment is excellently timed as we have announced our $250 million property portfolio which we have been building up since late 2009."
"Our latest organizational and operational changes are designed to ensure consistent income streams and capital growth in the coming months," he noted.
According to him, the appointees have committed to working together towards sustaining the company’s profitability, which posted the third consecutive year of growth in 2011.
Tasweek, he said, had achieved a 7 per cent profit hike in 2011 over the previous year, fuelled by a 29.8 per cent increase in investment income.
The company was also able to broaden its investment portfolio by 32.5 per cent last year and achieve a cumulative equity growth of 10 per cent for its shareholders on top of maintaining strong liquidity, Al Awar added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals