Rani, Oberoi project on track
Dubai, May 31, 2007
Rani International has announced that foundation work is well underway on its Dh800 million joint-venture project with the Oberoi Group in Dubai.
The complex, consists of two 30-storey towers at the entrance to Dubai’s Business Bay and is scheduled to be completed in the last quarter of 2009.
One of the towers will be a luxury Oberoi Hotel, which will be operated by the Oberoi Group. The luxury hotel will have 249 guest rooms and suites. The second building will be a commercial tower. This development will be a gateway to Business Bay, and is expected to be one of the most prestigious and recognizable complexes in Dubai.
“Working in partnership with the Oberoi Group to create these landmark towers underscores the commitment of Rani International to contribute a high end product for the hospitality sector in Dubai,” said Maher Aujan, managing director of Rani International. He added: “We can confirm that this important project, which will provide Dubai with more than 100,000 square meters of mixed-use space, is on track for the stated completion date.”
Rani International has engaged 15 world class architects and designers to execute the interior and exterior design of the development. The towers will be modern and visually striking, combining form, function and a commitment to quality and innovative design.
“The Business Bay project marks a milestone for us, as this will be the first Oberoi-branded property within the UAE,” said P R S Oberoi, chairman of the Oberoi Group. “Dubai is renowned for having some of the most adventurous and accomplished developments in the world, and we are delighted to play a part in this exciting and dynamic city. We are especially pleased that our debut here comes in the form of this remarkable project.”
The Oberoi Group plans to open five additional luxury hotels in the region, in Morocco, Egypt, Abu Dhabi and Oman. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals