Region’s top insurers awarded
Dubai, October 3, 2013
Top insurers in the region were recognised at an event attended by leading decision makers and influencers in the insurance industry in Dubai.
The 10th Insurex Conference and Awards was held at the Westin Mena Seyahi Dubai yesterday (October 2) and winners across 15 categories were announced.
Abdul Khaliq R. Khalil was recognised for outstanding performance by being awarded the coveted 'Achievement Award of the Year,' while Orient Insurance and RSA scooped up the 'General Insurer of the Year Award.'
Nexus Insurance Brokers won the 'Training Award' and 'Personal Lines Broker of the Year' award. The 'Corporate Social Responsibility Award' was given to National Health Insurance Company – Daman for its leadership in the field and RSA took home the honours for 'Advertising Campaign of the Year.'
Other winners included National Health Insurance Company – Daman for 'Marketing Initiative of the Year' and 'Medical Insurer of the Year,' Zurich for 'Reinsurer of the Year' and 'Life Insurer of the Year,' and Chedid Re for 'Reinsurance Broker of the Year.'
The 'E-business Award' was won by RSA for its innovative use of digital media, with Abu Dhabi National Takaful winning the award for 'Takaful Operator of the Year.' Clyde & Co was awarded for the Consultants and Lawyers category. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals