Khalifa Fund award entries close on Aug 29
Abu Dhabi, August 21, 2013
The Khalifa Fund for Enterprise Development has set the closing date for entries for its award as August 29.
The Khalifa Fund Award for Entrepreneurship, in its fourth year, recognises entrepreneur’s skills and vision, project’s pursuit of quality, profitability, growth, expansion and application of best practices in the field.
The six categories under the umbrella of this award are Bedaya programme, Zeyada programme, Khutwa programme, Heritage sector programme, Membership programme and the Best Emirati Project of Non-beneficiaries of the Fund’s services.
The judging panel, which comprises representative from the Khalifa Fund, the Department of Economic Development, a leading national bank and a leading economic organisation, will scrutinise and evaluate the submissions after the deadline, according to the criteria for each category.
Abdullah Saeed Al Darmaki, CEO of the Khalifa Fund, said: “The entries that have been submitted so far have been truly outstanding in terms of both quality and quantity.”
“We will carefully weigh the merits of each submission according to the criteria, conduct field visits to the entrepreneurs’ premises to validate that the claims in their submissions match the reality on the ground, and interview the entrepreneurs to gain deeper insights into their methods, motivations and business philosophies,” Darmaki added.
The entrepreneurs will be hounoured at an award ceremony to be held on October 7, where government agencies that have been most supportive of SME’s based on factors such as the level of procurement allocated to the SME sector will also be recognised. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs