Al Baraka chief to speak at key forum
Manama, July 7, 2013
Adnan Ahmed Yousif, board member of the Union of Arab Banks (UAB) and president and chief executive of Al Baraka Banking Group, was today announced as the keynote speaker for the upcoming “Professional Liability Insurance Forum,” to be held in Bahrain in October.
The event, on October 21 and 22 at the Ritz Carlton, is being organized by the General Arab Insurance Federation (GAIF) in cooperation with the Bahrain Insurance Association (BIA), under the Patronage of the Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB).
The two day forum will gather more than 300 members of GAIF, leading insurance firms and other industry players, in addition to banks and corporates from the GCC and Mena, as well as Africa.
The forum will focus on a broad range of issues related to professional liability risk across sectors as well other risks associated with political violence.
Key to this will be a discussion on Banker’s Blanket Bonds (BBB), a bond purchased by financial institutions from insurance brokers to protect a bank against losses from a variety of criminal acts carried out by employees. The forum will build awareness of the value of BBBs as specific to the banking industry as well as risk management solutions for other sectors.
Yousif said: “This is a timely event for the financial services sector as well as others and I’m pleased that I will have the opportunity to address participants at the upcoming forum. With the growth and further development of the banking industry in addition to other key sectors of the economy, risk also increases. Drawing on Bahrain’s position as a leading hub for financial services including insurance and reinsurance, we expect strong participation and high level discussion on the innovative solutions and products available to corporates and the financial sector as we all work hard to mitigate and manage a broad range of risk in today’s increasingly challenging business and economic climate.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO