Saudi stocks trading plunges 39pc in H1
Riyadh, July 3, 2013
The total value of shares traded at Saudi Stock Exchange (Tadawul) during the first half of the year fell 39 per cent to SR760.81 billion ($202.8 billion) when compared to the same period last year.
Announcing the H1 results, the Saudi Stock Exchange said at the end of the first half, the Tadawul All Share Index (TASI) closed at 7,496.57, gaining 786.66 points (11.72 per cent) over the same period in 2012.
The total number of shares traded too dropped 48.67 per cent from 56.37 billion shares last year to 28.93 billion shares.
The total number of transactions executed during the first half reached 17.66 million, down 31.80 per cent compared to 25.89 million transactions last year.
On an year-to-date basis TASI registered a positive increase of 10.22 per cent with 695.35 points, the bourse said in a statement.
The highest close level for the index during the period was 7,645.65 points as on June 8.
According to Tadawul, the total equity market capitalization at the end of the first half surged 11.9 per cent to hit SR1,497.11 billion ($399.23 billion) over the same period last year.-Trade Arabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai non-oil trade soars to $362bn in 2013
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook