Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
Manama, May 24, 2013
BBK Brokerage Services, a division of BBK, has announced it successfully executed one of the largest trades on Bahrain Bourse.
BBK Brokerage Services represented its institutional client in the selling side for the total of 484,076,411 ordinary shares of Bahrain Islamic Bank (BisB) which is equivalent to 51 per cent of the total outstanding shares of BisB, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"Such transactions reinforce the bank's brokerage services position at the Bahrain Bourse as one of the top performers in terms of value and volume," BBK chief executive Abdul Karim Bucheery said.
BBK Brokerage Services said having established itself as one of the leading brokerage houses in the local stock market, it is also expanding its brokerage business by providing clients' with access to regional stock markets.
The bank's brokerage unit is lead by Zuhair Almurbati.
It has been extending brokerage services to clients by providing on-spot market updates and other value-added services. This is in addition to the handling of block deals for its clients.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum