ADIA names new infrastructure head
Abu Dhabi, May 15, 2013
The Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA), one of the world's largest sovereign wealth funds, appointed John McCarthy as global head of infrastructure division, it said in a statement on Wednesday.
McCarthy, who joins ADIA from Deutsche Bank where he was a managing director heading the bank's infrastructure since 2005, will oversee the fund's existing portfolio and originate new transactions, ADIA said.
He replaces Chris Koski who left the fund in last year. Koski was the go-to person for bankers and funds pitching infrastructure-related investments to the Abu Dhabi fund.
In its 2011 annual review, ADIA said the focus of its infrastructure team was mainly in developed markets. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school