SEIB participates in Project Qatar
Doha, May 7, 2013
SEIB Insurance and Reinsurance Company has announced its participation at the ongoing Project Qatar 2013 at the Doha Exhibition Center.
Organised by IFP, the 10th International Trade Construction, Building, Environmental Technology & Materials Exhibition will attract key buyers and industry leaders looking for the most up-to-date technology and state-of-the art equipment available on the market.
“With all eyes on Qatar’s booming construction sector, Project Qatar has become an essential access point for industry heavy weights, foreign governments, trade associations and key decision makers to forge deals in Qatar,” said Farid Chedid, SEIB’s chief executive.
The event is now established as Qatar’s most important exhibition for highlighting the latest products and services needed for its fast growing construction sector and has become a destination of choice for regional and international industry professionals, a statement from the company said.
The four-day show will provide a unique and dynamic platform for buyers and suppliers to make contacts and drive future developments in Qatar’s multi-billion construction sector. Exhibitors benefit from massive exposure to premier regional agents, dealers, buyers and distributors
“Project Qatar 2013 is a perfect platform for SEIB to share its extensive experience in the insurance of large-scale projects,” said Farid Chedid. “Qatar’s development rate is phenomenal, and this growth is expected to continue for the foreseeable future. As the country gears up to host the Fifa World Cup in 2022, spending on essential projects, including the construction of stadiums, building a metro and national rail network, improving roads and more than doubling the number of hotel rooms in the country are all set to take shape.”
“The projects are thus going to get bigger in magnitude, and will call for more creative solutions to cover their insurance needs. This is where SEIB can step in, and we are more than happy to share our knowledge with exhibitor,” he said.
This year’s Project Qatar will unveil an advanced matchmaking platform for businesses to meet potential partners and suppliers, the statement said. Additionally, Project Qatar 2013 will introduce two new events - Facility Management Qatar and Man and Architecture, which will feature some of the most prominent architects in the world and host high level discussions on local architectural projects, challenges, and best practices.
Authorised by the Qatar Financial Center Regulatory Authority, SEIB Insurance provides tailor-made corporate and retail insurance solutions, and is especially known for handling complex risk cases.
Project Qatar 2013 comes to a close on May 9. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit