PineBridge JV fund eyes China investors
Manama, May 2, 2013
US-based CICC Investment Management and PineBridge Investments have announced the launch of the first global fund of hedge funds targeting qualified Chinese investors.
The launch of the global fund of hedge funds demonstrates the strategic decision of China International Capital Corporation, the parent of CICC Investment Management, to expand its investment management business globally.
PineBridge and CICC Investment Management (USA) have both invested proprietary capital to seed the fund and ensure alignment of interests with investors.
CICC Investment Management (USA) serves as the fund's investment manager and PineBridge as its sub-advisor. CICC Investment Management (USA) will leverage its resources in Beijing and New York.
"This fund, available to qualified Chinese investors, is further proof of PineBridge's ability to meet investor demand for innovative and specialized alpha-orientated solutions across asset classes," remarked Talal Al Zain, the CEO of PineBridge Investments Middle East.
"Our integrated global investment platform allows for the easy flow of investment ideas and innovation between all our regional offices. Following the establishment of our Mena headquarters earlier this year, PineBridge Investment Middle East is increasingly serving as a link between global investors," he stated.
The Fund, said Al Zain, intends to invest in a diverse range of hedge funds globally across equity long/short, event driven, global macro/CTA, and relative value strategies.
"Potential managers of these hedge funds are expected to have outperformed HFRX, with proven track records and assets under management ranging from the hundreds of millions to billions of dollars," he noted.
"The Fund aims to generate attractive risk adjusted returns with low volatility and low correlations with the broad markets. Investors in the Fund will benefit from exposure to successful hedge funds globally through a diversified portfolio supported by CICC’s direct market investment experience and PineBridge’s 30-year history in hedge fund investing," added Al Zain.
The PineBridge Hedge Fund Solutions team is primarily based in New York, London and Hong Kong.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn