Kuwait March inflation eases to 1.6pc y/y
Kuwait, April 28, 2013
Kuwait's annual inflation eased to 1.6 per cent year-on-year in March, the state news agency Kuna's data showed.
Food prices, which make up 18 per cent of the basket, rose 0.9 per cent on an annual basis and 0.9 per cent from the previous month, the data showed.
Analysts polled by Reuters in January expected an average inflation of 4 per cent in 2013, up from 2.9 per cent last year, which was the lowest level since 2004.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity